Friends of Wallacea Conservation Storytelling Fellowship Terms and Conditions
No purchase or payment is necessary to enter or win the sweepstakes. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH FORM A CONTRACT. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS ON THE PART OF ENTRANT AND A LIMITATION OF ENTRANT’S RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
- The Warapoka Tour Conservation Storytelling Fellowship (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to international entrants who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry (the “Entrant“). Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to win a prize: (a) employees or agents of Friends of Wallacea, (the “Sponsor”), Administrator, and each of their respective companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the Sweepstakes; and (c) persons who (i) are in the immediate family of any person in any of the preceding categories (including mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son, spouse, grandmother, grandfather, children or grandchildren), regardless of where they live, or (ii) reside in the same household, whether related or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor. The Administrator’s database clock will be the timekeeper for this Sweepstakes.
- Sweepstakes Timing. The Sweepstakes begins on January 15th, 2022 at 11:59pm US Eastern time (EST) and ends on March 1st, 2022 at 11:59pm US Eastern time (EST) (the “Entry Period”). There will be one grand prize winner to win a seat on a group trip, consisting of one main winner. The Friends of Wallacea selection process will award one (1) prize for the grand prize. Entry in the Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by the within Official Rules and the decisions of Friends of Wallacea, whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects and not subject to further review in any forum.
- How To Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, you will be entered through opting in through the application form on Google Forms. Registration will also include the following: Name, email address, and several application questions regarding passion for conservation and storytelling.
- Entrants are limited to one (1) entry per person over the Sweepstakes Period. Entries in excess of any stated limitation, and entries generated by script, macro or other automated means, or any means that subverts the entry process, will be void. Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Sponsor will determine, in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry, and reserves the right to reject any submissions that it deems, in its sole discretion, to violate any of Sponsor’s policies, standards, or practices. All materials and entries submitted become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
- Agreement to Official Rules. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to the within Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and legally binding in all respects.
- Winner Selection and Notification. For the Prize, the Friends of Wallacea and Operation Wallacea team will review all of the applications and contact any finalists for an interview. Grand prize winners will be selected by 50% weight from their written application and 50% weight from their interview. In the case of an indecision, the tipping point will be whether or not the applicant followed the Friends of Wallacea Instagram and reshared details of the tour on their Instagram story. This decision will be made on March 14th, 2022 from all eligible entries made during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Redeem period. Offer must be claimed and redeemed by April 10th, 2022 by emailing email@example.com
The potential winner will be notified by email using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond within (24) hours of the first notification attempt, or if prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, such potential winner will forfeit the prize and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if the subject potential winner has not complied with the within Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected.
Grand Prize: Warapoka Wildlife Conservation Tour for one (1) adult. Prize includes the following:
- All-expenses-paid 8 day and 7-night ground package to visit Warapoka Village (airfare to Georgetown, Guyana is not included)
- Three meals per day
- All overnight accommodations during the trip period
- Transportation for the entire Guyana portion of the tour
- English speaking guide
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, miscellaneous ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of the winner. Travel restrictions, conditions, and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen travel vouchers or certificates. Prizes must be utilized by August 21, 2022.
Winner(s) will not receive a difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable, and no substitutions will be made except as provided herein, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize is not redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a particular prize for one of comparable or greater value. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable local, state, and/or federal taxes and fees.
Winner is solely responsible for obtaining the necessary travel documents (e.g., government issued I.D., passport, etc.) along with any other travel requirements needed to utilize their prize(s). Winner is solely responsible for satisfying all legally required conditions of travel.
The potential winner will be required to sign (a) an Affidavit of Eligibility, (b) an Agreement of Publicity (granting Sponsor the right to use the name and image of the winner for advertising and promotion purposes), (c) a liability release, and return each of the properly executed documents to the Administrator within seven (7) days of attempted notification as a condition of awarding the prize. Potential Grand Prize who satisfies all of the Sweepstakes requirements, including without limitation, those set forth in this paragraph, will be designated the official Grand Prize Winner, (d) a release form allowing Friends of Wallacea to post winner’s storytelling efforts as outlined in the description of the fellowship.
Second Prize: $150 off Warapoka Wildlife Conservation Tour Package for one (1) adult
- DISCLAIMER. Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSORS HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- DISCLAIMER. As the grand prize will be part of a group tour, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the fellowship should the desired trip date identified by the winner have fewer than 5 people signed up by May 30th, 2022. Should the desired tour date not run, alternative trip dates will be suggested to redeem the prize.
- Prize Winner Publicity Requirements. Acceptance of the prize(s) shall constitute the Winner(s)’s agreement and consent for Sponsor and its designees to use winner’s name, likeness, photo avatar, and/or prize information (including, without limitation, city and state of residence) in connection with this Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, in any manner, worldwide, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
Release of Liability / Conditions of Participation.
- Transmission of Information. The Sponsor, the Administrator, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors, and assigns (all collectively the “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrant, printing, typographical or other errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to, malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in (a) the administration of the Sweepstakes, (b) the uploading, processing, or random selection of entries, (c) the announcement of the Winner or potential winner(s), or (d) the prizes or any Sweepstakes-related materials; (5) late, lost, garbled, misdirected, inaccurate, incorrect, undeliverable, damaged or stolen entries or mail; (6) costs associated with claiming or redeeming the prizes; and/or (7) losses or damages resulting from an Entrant’s connection to the internet via any of the websites referenced herein. The Released Parties are not responsible for any (a) incorrect, mistranscribed, misdirected or undeliverable entries or e-mail transmissions, (b) incorrect announcements, (c) technical problems, including, without limitation, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, or any hardware/software, (d) lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission, or (e) combination of any of the foregoing. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for (i) late, lost, incomplete, inaccurate or damaged entries, (ii) undeliverable e-mails resulting from any form of active or passive e-mail filtering by a user’s internet service provider and/or e-mail client, or (iii) insufficient space in user’s e-mail account to receive e-mail. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damage (whether material or non-material) caused to Entrant’s computer equipment or to data which is stored on such equipment, or to Entrant’s personal, professional or commercial activities. Proof of submitting entries will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor or Administrator.
- Fraud; Reservation of Rights. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify this Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or any other factors impair the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. Administrator, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, and to void all associated entries. The preceding remedy in no way precludes Sponsor from taking other actions against such individuals so as to protect its rights. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules in a given circumstance does not constitute the waiver of such provision.
- Release and Indemnity. By participating, Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties, and agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold the Released Parties, and the other persons and entities involved in the development, production, and/or administration of the Sweepstakes, harmless, from any and all liability for losses, harm, damage, injury, costs, fees, and expenses, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including emotional distress), and/or death, arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize, and for any claims or causes of action based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- FORCE MAJEURE. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned by reason of computer virus, bug, system malfunction, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, earthquake, storm or other natural cataclysm, riot, strike, terrorist activity, civil commotion, governmental regulation, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which, in its sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (or any part thereof), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to thereafter conduct the Sweepstakes by selecting the prize winner(s) for affected Sweepstakes Period selection from among all eligible entries received for such affected Sweepstakes Period selection prior to the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise in a manner which is fair, equitable and in accordance with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
- Except where prohibited by law, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) all claims must be resolved in the state or federal courts located in Virginia; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event including attorneys’ fees; and (d) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to, any indirect, punitive, incidental, and consequential damages, or damages of any kind (other than actual out‑of‑pocket expenses), and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Virginia.